Sewer & Drain Cleaning in Metro Vancouver
Your home’s sewer main and drains are a critical part of your home’s plumbing system. Homeowners know that sewer lines help transport waste from the home to underground sewer lines. Since it’s not something that is visible to us, most homeowners give little thought to their sewer lines. But, when your sewer line causes problems, we tend to take notice. For example, if stoppages occur, it’s because grime, roots, grease and debris. How will you know that stoppages are occurring? Well, you’ll notice that the water flow is sheepish and slow – and you deserve better.
When your sewer or drains produce a foul smell, we can assume that waste is not properly flushing away as it should. It’s most likely a clogged sewer line or pipe.
The correct thing to do is to immediately get it checked out by drain experts from Hillcrest Plumbing – and don’t wait. We have a number of solutions for resolving this highly unsanitary and unpleasant problem, swiftly and effectively – because you deserve quick, trusted service.
How To Know Your Sewer Line Is Clogged:
There are common signs that your sewer drain is clogged, and it is important to identify them early. A sewer drain clog can be a very serious problem for any household, and if not properly treated, can cause significant and permanent damage to your home and foundation.
Slow Draining Sinks – One the easiest ways to tell you have a sewer drain clog is by checking how quickly water drains in the sink. A clogged sewer drain will cause the sink to drain much slower. It is especially apparent if multiple sinks in your home are draining slowly.
Multiple Fixtures Are Clogged – If more than one fixture is backed up in your home, it is very likely that you have a sewer drain clog. Since toilets have the most direct path to the sewer, as well as the largest drain line, a sewer drain clog can cause multiple toilets in your house to back up. It is very rare for your sewer line to be clogged yet the toilets in the house still work properly.
Unusual Reactions from Bathroom Fixtures – Any unexpected or unusual behaviour from plumbing fixtures can also indicate an issue with the sewer drain. If you use one fixture (say flush the toilet) and the bathtub drain starts backing up, it usually means that there is an issue with the sewer drain. The same goes if you run the sink and the toilet water level starts bubbling and increasing.
Common causes of a clogged sewer or drain line:
- Broken pipes – Like your drainpipes, your main sewer line can become blocked, which can cause sewage backups in your home. If it is just one area of your home that seems to be giving you a problem, it may just be a block in that drain. If, however, every flush creates a sewage backup in your home, you likely have a blockage in your main sewer line.
- Tree Roots & Branches – Tree roots can trigger problems for your sewer lines – they can grow into the pipes and cause holes and blockages. Our expert plumbers at Hillcrest Plumbing and heating will be able to examine the drainpipes and find the location of the clog. A blockage in the main sewer line can be instigated by the buildup of sludge or other debris such as leaves, branches, and even small rocks.
- Debris – Toilet paper, paper products or objects flushed down the toilet, can also cause a clog up. Toilet paper specifically, can hook onto tree roots or other obstacles sticking through the side of the sewer pipe. Over a period of time, more objects can begin to gather at the same spot, causing a major clog. Similarly, grease, fats and oil are a huge reason in clogging lines. It is never a good idea to pour grease, oil or other fats down a drain.
If sewage is coming up inside of your home, take action now: Call us at Hillcrest Plumbing & Heating. We can help you in this state of crisis. Emergency sewer and drain cleaning are just two of the many professional plumbing services we offer. Our business is making sure you, the customer, are taken care of every step of the way. We’ll get the job done right.
The Plumbing Service You’ve Had For Over 50 Years
Same day service, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are always there for your plumbing, heating and drainage needs.
- Family Run and Operated Since 1967
- Hillcrest Plumbing is Vancouver's Most Trusted Plumbing, Drainage, and Heating Experts